A Simple Secret to beautiful skin and healthier body functioning.
Dry Skin Brushing benefits:
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Helps move venous blood
- Exfoliate and invigorate the skin
- Improves surface circulation
- Strengthen the immune system
- Skin will look and feel healthier
The brush should be a long-handled, stiff, natural bristle brush. It is essential that it be made of natural bristle like cactus. Synthetic bristles will scratch the skin and are harsh and irritating. Use the brush DRY and not with water. You may wash the brush periodically with a mild soap and air dry fully prior to use. (Most of the brushes that I see in stores are way too soft, a good resource is the Body Shop [http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/whats-new/accessories/cactus-body-brush.aspx] it sells a genuine cactus body brush.
Method of Brushing
The best time to brush is prior to bathing or sauna and can be done daily. The skin should be dry. You will not get the same benefits if the skin or brush is wet. Use long gentle firm strokes. The idea is to stimulate, not to irritate the skin.
- Cover all surfaces front and back, except the face.
- Start at your feet and brush up towards your knees then groin, abdomen, chest.
- Brush your hands down to your armpits
- Brush from your buttocks up the back.
- Brush down from the neck.